Quiche at my house is the classic save dinner. QUICHE WITH STRACCHINO CREAMY FRESH CHEESE AND ROSEMARY INTRODUCTION I love love love the soft cheese. I know it’s not a great premise, but it is true … I am a […]
One of the most beautiful places in Trentino Alto Adige is undoubtedly the Alpe di Siusi. Read about the nicest hiking trails to do, look the amazing photos and follow my trip on the largest plateau in Europe. The Alpe di Siusi plateau consists of […]
It was October, I was traveling a lot for work and with my head totally from the other side I saw this announcement. It was a beautiful dog from the black nose looking for home. I’m Georgie, Adopt me please. Here’s his story.
Georgie is one of many puppies that are saved every year by the Sicilian countryside where the problem of stray dogs is very high. Thanks to a wonderful animal association, Giorgino, along with other puppies, flew to Venice and then transported to Trieste, in a dog pension.
Fall is coming and is the time (again) to be full of good intentions like go to the gym and start to eat healthy (more or less). A salad can quietly replace a meal but to make it nutritious the most important thing is to […]
A couple of weeks ago me and my boyfriend Simon we decided to invite our friends to dinner. One thing I hate on these occasions is to spend the evening in the kitchen and miss all the talk that you make at the table. Solution? A BRUNCH.
Here are my recipes for a perfect Italian brunch with easy and fast recipes.
8 QUICK RECIPES FOR YOUR PERFECT ITALIAN BRUNCH
- TARTAR SALMON AND AVOCADO IN CITRUS FRAGRANCE: This recipe is literally mouth-watering. If you increase the doses may well be used as a main dish in your next dinner and I assure you that you will make a great impression. I preferred to use finger food mini cups and place them on my cutting board. RECIPE: Cut the salmon into small pieces and put it to marinate with salt, pepper, lemon juice and grated lime and orange zest for an hour. Cut the avocado into cubes and mix it with salt, pepper and lime juice and put a layer in the glass. Use the salmon to fill the glass and decorate with chives.
- BUTTER CROISSANT WITH SALMON, PHILADELPHIA AND SALAD: I do not think there can be a person in the world who does not like the crispy croissants with butter. Then imagine them filled. Here it is. I did not only have vegetarians at dinner so I put some option with the fish but you can also make them veggy if you prefer. RECIPE: cut them in half and stuff them with plenty of philadelphia, then salad and salmon. VEGETABLE VERSION: blend in a kitchen robot the veg mortadella with philadelfia and fill the croissants with the compound and the rocket salad. Delicious!……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
- GRAPES AND CHEESE MONTASIO SKEWERS: this is my lifesaver appetizer when I have little time and I think I cooked too little for a dinner. The combination is original but delicious and will surprise your guests. RECIPE: cuts the montasio or other young cheese cubes and alternates with white grain grains. Very good! (more…)
Well, I did it! I tried to make a VLOG (a kind of video diary) while I was on vacation in Trentino Alto Adige. Well I’m a little biased but I find it hilarious. Is in Italian so if someone need I can put the […]
GUEST POST FOR ” CAMPING FOR WOMEN” read the original post here!
If you are a trekking lover, the north of Italy with its thousands of trails is the ideal place to go.
Whether you decide to go trekking in the Alps, Dolomites or Friulian Dolomites, the scenery will always be spectacular and full of pleasant encounters such as deer, eagles, marmots, cows and goats… and yes! Sometimes you can find bears but is very rare to meet them.
In Italy the flags to follow in the paths are white and red, and usually very well marked so don’t worry and always follow the rule n.1 “never leave the path”.
Here my top 5 of the most beautiful Treks in the north of Italy divided into regions:
Trekking in FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA
• L’anello delle Dolomiti Friulane – The ring of the Friulian Dolomites
In the middle of the less known dolomites an incredible 4-day trekking that reaches the Pacherini, Pordenone, Padova and Giaf shelters where to sleep and refresh yourself. You will cross the wonderful and wild valleys of the unknown groups of Pramaggiore, Monfalconi, Spalti di Toro and Cridola.
Prepare yourself on high altitude walks, to the overcoming of many forks at several meters in altitude more than once a day, to equipped paths and the trek along the beautiful gentian trail and under the symbol of this region: the “Campanile di Val montanaia”. Breathless.
• Il sentiero degli Scalini – The path of the stairs
The Passo dei Scalini Trail is located in the Western Julian Alps and is part of the Jof Fuart group. Starts from Sella Nevea at 1180 m. and arrives at the passo of the Scalini at 2022 meters in 3 hours between woods, alpine huts where the cheese is produced, waterfalls and high altitude views. Carrying on you can arrive at the Corsi Hut at 1874 meters. This shelter is an amazing red building totally surrounded by a semicircle mountain range and hundred of rock goats.
The walk is not so difficult but long so if you are not trained for this when you arrive at the top turn yourself and come back.
Must have of this 2017 summer season? It’s obviously, Cacti! That thou wear them, you hang them on the wall, or you decide to create your own personal greenhouse at home the cactus is the trend of the moment. Well if you are stayed behind […]